Sunday, May 2, 2010

Praying For Tennesse







I live in Middle Tennessee. This weekend a huge portion of our state has been devastated by up to 18 inches of rain. I think the prior record was around 6 1/2 inches. These rains caused flooding like we have never seen here before leaving a unbelievable path of destruction. Our interstates and roads are flooded and crumbling. Houses and buildings are being swallowed by the waters. My step father had to be rescued by boat when flood waters reached the inside of his rural home. I can tell you that hearing him call in panic and knowing there was nothing we could do was horrifying. Some folks that live close by drove their boat around his neighborhood and took him from his home to theirs. What amazing people they are! The photos I have here are fairly local to my town and do not even begin to tell the story of this storm. Please pray for all of us here in Tennessee. So many have lost so much already and now that the rains have finally stopped the real work is just beginning.



No comments: