Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Staircase Remodel

First Let me start this post by saying thanks to everyone who visited my blog recently! Now back to my post. This is not a new project, however since I have a few new readers I have decided to post some of our projects from the last year or so for a few days. We have big plans for our farmhouse in the near future and I can't wait to share them with you all! I need to apologize for this first photo. It was taken with my cell phone about 4 years ago when we were looking at buying this house. I can't get my scanner to work right now so I had to work with what I had. This is the upstairs hallway before the knotty pine was painted, before the carpet was removed, and before the staircase was redone. It is the only photo I can find right now that shows the iron rail that was here when we moved in.
The next two photos were taken after the iron rail was removed and we were in the process of remodeling the staircase.


And finally the staircase as it is today. Actually I took these photos just a few minutes ago! The knotty pine paneling was painted a pretty neutral cream color. Of course, we finally finished that floor upstairs!











4 comments:

The DIY Show Off said...

Wow what a difference. Great job!

Roeshel

Manuela@TPOH said...

Your staircase looks beautiful now! Good job!

Manuela

Bugs and Sunshine said...

WOW!!! Your husband is a ROCK STAR!! Nice to meet you Holly! And I love you for painting your floor. It is unbelievably amazing. And the staircase is awesome too!

Your farmhouse is adorable. Over Christmas my father in law and I drove around looking at old farmhouses in Missouri. They were so qaint...I love to think about all the memories that took place in those cute homes.

Cara Starr @ JohnsonManorisms said...

It's beautiful! Great job!! We upgraded our banister so I super love it as is, but I do wish our stairs weren't carpeted. Although it was nice padding when I fell down a few steps last week. :)