Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wow, I dont even have words!

Yeah I know! Me not having words is hard to believe! So I was looking at my myspace account yesterday. I have been trying to delete the thing for a while, but since I no longer have the email that I had when I signed up it has been next to impossible. Or maybe there was a reason that I havent been able to delete it. Maybe.... You see I got a friend request yesterday and when I opened it I was taken back a little. It was from my sister.....my half sister....we have the same father. I have always known she was out there and I have always known she was a little bit older than me, but other than that i only knew her first name. She even wrote a little note on her request. She wasn't 100% sure that I was who she was looking for. She was looking for me! Wow, I dont even know what to say! So naturally I decided to check out her photos on her profile. I had to get a glimpse of her. I was curiouse if we looked alike. I wanted to see if she had kids and if they had any of the same features that my kids have. The funny thing is that I didn't accept her friend request right away. I needed time to process this. I did accept it just a moment ago, but I still need time to process this. I have chosen not to have a relationship with the man that is our biological father. He made a decision before I was born to not be in my life and I am fine with that. I have wondered about my siblings that are out there and I have met a few of them, but there were some that I never would have dreamed I would have contact with and she was one of them. Wow!

Oh and the post I was promising....I am still working on it.

2 comments:

Songbirdtiff said...

Wow, that must be a lot to take in all at once.

Brittney said...

oh wow, that is amazing! Reminds me of my mother in-law. She was adopted and had been trying to find her real family for years. The day before my husband (her son, obviously) and I got married she received word that they had found her mom and that her mom wanted to meet her. She has met her mom, learned that she has 8 other siblings and has had the opportunity to meet a few of them as well. I can't imagine what that would feel like. I'm happy for you and wish you the best in this new "discovery". :)