Wednesday, April 15, 2009

6,422

I will be the first to admit that I DO NOT like to punish my kids. Did you three hear that? Even though you all might think that I do, well your wrong. When our cell phone bill came the other day I had to lay down the law. It was time. Now I want you all to know that Kristen has been very good about not abusing her phone, however I think she took "unlimited text messages" too far.
.
.
.
.....6,422!
That is the number of texts that were used by her line in one month!
.
.
....6,422 just in case you did not get it the first time!

Let me also add that she is a straight A student and one of the sweetest kids you will ever meet. She just likes to text. So we had to sit down and discuss how texting should not take over your life.....and the little girl on Inside Edition who sent out over 15,000 in a month did NOT need competition. Honestly I don't think a child can truly discover who they are if they are bound by their cell phone. Needless to say, the phone will not be by her side 24 hours a day from now on. Too harsh?.... I think not!

7 comments:

01!v!@ L0nGw3l1 said...

Ouch! Lol! She must be attachted to that phone...

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

WOW! That's impressive! LOL

Songbirdtiff said...

Definitely not too harsh. My brother went through that same phase, and I think my sister is going through it, too. Good for you for taking control of the situation! How do they text that much?!

sara's art house said...

OH no! That is funny! I don't think I could think of 6422 things to say :) Glad my children are still too young for that :)

Holly said...

Good grief! That is rather a lot of text messages! I am left wondering how she managed to physically SEND that many messages in one month, while apparently still doing other stuff too, like studying etc. :O

Samantha said...

Thank you so much for praying for my cousin!
you are too, too kind.

Charlie said...

I take Brody's away each night at 10 pm.....if I didnt he would text half the night. He gets it back after school....so he's got 6 hours a night to tear it up.....