Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Opinions please!


Remember my stairs from way back when? Well they are not yet finished and right now the Daddy and I are up in the air as to how we want to go about finishing them. Now all of the primed area is white now but the unpainted area including the rail is still that way only with a few million dirty fingerprints on it now. That is what happends when you have a mess of children!

So now to the problem. The Daddy is thinking we should stain the rail and steps and I would rather paint them black. Staining them just seems to boring to me. Of course I am willing to except that staining them may be the better options if that is what you all think so let me have it. Stain or paint?

5 comments:

Kim said...

I would only stain if you can match up your floor {good luck!}

Holly said...

hmmm good point. There are hardwoods upstairs and downstairs. We are also in the process of refinishing the ones upstairs. I think is it likely we could match one but not both if we stained.

Mrs. B said...

Your stairway is so pretty! I think staining might be the best way to go. The good thing about staining is you can always paint later if you change your mind.

Kimba said...

Your stairway is really pretty.

In my old house we had a railing where the handrail was stained and the spindles were painted white. I really liked the combination. You could do the same thing but with black spindles.

Rach said...

oooh Mrs b has a point you can change the stain later and paint if you decide to. I think I would stain...