Thursday, August 21, 2008

3 day flu?!

Okay first let me just tell you all to make sure you are listening to the new song I added to the blog. It is called "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns. It is a wonderful song.

Now back to this post. We took Kristen to the doctor today. She woke up this morning in tears because she felt bad but she tried hard to put on a brave face and go to school. She had cheer practice tonight and we have a rule. If you are too sick for school then you are too sick for sports. So off to school she went. The school nurse called around 12:30 and said that it looked like she had blisters on her throat so the Daddy went and picked her up while I got the doc on the phone. We went to the doc and he said that on top of allergies she has what they are calling the 3 day flu. Symptoms are sore throat, headache, cough, and body aches. Usually lasts around 3 days, hence the name. So by the time we got home my poor child was so out of it sick that she was sobbing uncontrollably in the car. Kristen never gets sick so for her to be crying sick I knew it was bad. Needless to say she is staying home tomorrow. Hopefully she will be better by saturday night so she can cheer at the first official football game of this season!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Oh no poor Kristen! Get better SOON!!!

Rach said...

Hey just tagged you...check my blog!

Kim said...

Yuck - I hope she feels better soon!

Mrs. B said...

Oh, I hope your little girls feels better soon! Poor thing. It just breaks your heart when they're so miserable like that.