Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Little Red Door

So this is it. Our house was built a loooooong time ago and best we can guess so was the front door. While it is small, it still has a lot of character. My favorite part is the hand carving. Someone had painted her white before we came into her life. White was boring. So was the plain brass knob. While the Daddy and I were at Lowes I decided I wanted to paint her. So we picked up a quart of Regal Red and back home I went. After the second coat was good and dry the Daddy added a fancy new handle/ knob. I took pictures forgetting that he still needed to add the deadbolt. He is doing that as I type. I must say that the red doesnt look nearly as bright in real life as it does in the picture but you get the point! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Amy Call said...

Wow!! Holly~~that looks amazing. Come help me decorate my house. Maybe I will get on the ball and take pics after move in for a blog...don't hold your breath!! But then, you could tell me what I could do...fun!!

Marie said...

Looks good! I want to paint my front door red too. Or rather, I want my husband to paint the front door red. I'm so sick of painting. :o)

Natalie said...

Ohh looks GOOD!! I love a red front door!

Rach said...

Love that color red! Ok I want to see a pic from the front of the house to see the whole shebang. =)

Kim said...

I LOVE IT!!

Kimba said...

Your door looks amazing! I love a red front door and yours is so unique!