Thursday, May 8, 2008

Its time for a sneaky peaky!



I know it has not been painted or stained yet. It hasnt even had a good sanding but I had to give you all a little peak. I put the salt and pepper shakers on it so you could get an idea of how big this joker is! Okay so its not as big as the ones at the top of the bean stalk but compared to the rinky dinky that we had it is much better. The tops of the table and benches will be stained and the rest will be painted black and distressed/ antiqued. We have a couple of our old chairs that we will try to salvage and have in case we ever need to put them on either end. The benches seat 3 on each side comfortably. I know this may be a little rustic for some but the Daddy saw one similar at a local shop retailing for over $450 I think. It has cost us around $150 to create this gem. Anywho I will get some more photos when it is all done up!

4 comments:

Marie said...

It looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it done!

Rach said...

Gotta love the benches. We got the one that James' parents had in their house when all the kids were there and it has a bench on one side and chairs on the other--we stained it and recovered it and it works wonderful. It's amazing how many people you can pile on the bench.

utmomof5 said...

Looks good to me!! I can't wait to see it all done. :)

Mommy said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. The Daddy did a great job.