Sunday, March 16, 2008

Time for some window mistreatments!

These came from some inspiration I found over at the Nesting place. So first I decided how far I wanted the fabric to come down on the window. Then I measured both and cut them both. I made the bottom layer of fabric a little longer than the top so it would hang lower. Then I got my handy upholstry tacks and a chair and tacked each side up. I then gathered and tacked the middle and then added tacks where they were edded in between and voila! No sewing involved and if I ever become tired of them I can use the fabric for something else. Oh and dont mind the fact that my kitchen window has been primed but not yet painted,lol! I am working on it. Stay tuned I have a fun headboad makeover and some photos from the day we moved in this place coming later this week!




11 comments:

Jen r. said...

I can't wait to see what youa re going to do... Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog~
Jen R

The Nester said...

Holly! You did a really good job! Perfect mix of fabric and I love the layered look! Those would look good in my house!

Marie said...

I LOVE IT! My kitchen is red and I want to use black toile in there. I just can't get started. lol

Rachel said...

Ok I'm impressed!! I think I could even do that! might have to try it...

Kellan said...

I love those fabrics and that looks so pretty! I have made many a curtain/drape in my day - such a good way to get what you want for so much less. God job!

See you soon. Kellan

Kim said...

And you wanted my help - for what?! Those look Fan-tab-u-lous!!!

Joanna said...

That is cute! You did that in a day??
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to 'see' more of you.

Jenn said...

and to think what I spent on my window treatments and those look just as good...great job!!

Natalie said...

HOLLY!!! Those look fantastic! Now come on down to Tampa and do mine!

Diane said...

Beautiful!

Cindayy said...

And who helped you by attempting to stand on the sink and fix it? ME! But then I got scared and climbed down. bahaha. love u!