Saturday, January 19, 2008

This is a very sad day for us...


I can't go back to sleep. Not after the phone call I got around 5:30 this morning. Mrs. Hodge, Brians "babysitter", called me and told me that Earl had died very early this morning. I am sure some of you know of Earl, but for those who dont I will tell you he is one of the most important people in Little Brian's life. They have been inseparable since Brian was born, because 3 years ago Earl did not know if he would make it that long. Earl had Multiple Myloma and had been in remission. His doctors told him he needed to find something to focus his life on to keep going. He has been on strict diets, restrictions, you name it for a long time. He chose Little Brian. I knew that this would happen someday, but you never imagine that today would be that day.

At 2 1/2 years old, I don't think Brian will comprehend that he will never see Earl again. We plan on telling him evertime he asks his famous "Wheres Earl?" that Earl is in heaven. I just pray that he remembers even a little that he had someone as special as Earl who cared so much about him and would do anything fopr him.

Please keep Mrs Hodge in your thoughts and prayers. This is a picture of Earl and Brian from the big party in August.

2 comments:

Lea Ann said...

This is so very sad. My dad told me about it this morning. He was a great man and very good with kids. I hope that Brian will have memories of him. He was so kind.

Rachel said...

I can't believe it. I will definitely keep Ms Hodge in my prayers. I'm sure Little Brian will remember that someone special was in his life.