Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So radiology called today...

The nurse from radiology called this afternoon to brief me on what Brian can eat, drink, ect before his MRI on thursday. Now at 2 1/2, he will be given IV sedation so I knew there were going to be restrictions on eating and drinking. Why we had to have the 2 pm appointment instead of say 8 am I will never no. My child will beg for food and I will have to say no because he can't have anything to eat after 5 am. Yep, that is 5 in the morning. It is still dark out at 5 am. Do I get him up to eat at 4? Heck no! He can still have clear liquids and jello counts so he will be dining on orange jello and water for breakfast. YUMMY! Ha! I will try and sneak a few photos of this adventure for the blog because I always regret it when I dont take my camera to the hospital.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'd had to cancel OR beg for a first thing in the morning . . . . Brave girl!!

Rachel said...

Oh good grief! Good luck with that. I agree you are brave. My kids would go nuts especially Will who thinks he has to eat every second of every day! HA I will be looking for how it goes tomorrow--I hope well.